Home remodeling is not something most home owners think about unless it involves the sale of the home. Many people may just think it costs too much. However, this does not always have to be the case. There are ways to renovate a home with ideas that are not expensive at all.
Fresh Coat Of Paint
This always gives a house a new look. The walls may be looking dull which makes the home look old. A fresh coat of paint always refreshes the room. It is not necessary to hire a professional painter if it’s too expensive. A person can make time to paint the walls slowly and make them look as good as new.
Rearranging The Furniture
This is also another way to make the home look new. It will also be advisable to change fabrics on the furniture. This will make it appear like the furniture is new. When it has been rearranged, the whole living room area will look like a completely different room.
These are not items that everyone who walks into a home sees. However, replacing the old lampshades with new ones will make the whole place look so much better. Changing old lampshades and putting up new ones with different colors or shapes will create a fresh perspective for the place. In addition to that, colored lampshades make the place pop. In case one feels that buying new lampshades is too expensive, they can look for ways to make the old ones look new. This can be done by adding decorative pieces to them.
Changing Door Knobs, Hinges And Handles
This can be a very good way to make a place look completely different. Hinges, knobs and handles are used all the time which means that they are prone to wearing …
Before starting construction think carefully of the location, design, and purpose of the deck you wish to build. By making a design and estimating the materials required, you can save time and money, and the job will go much faster. You should consult your local building code authorities before beginning. Basic construction skills are required. You may wish to consult a contractor. There are also reference books or websites for ideas. A well built deck will be a valuable asset to your home.
- hammer and drill
- measuring tapes
- chalk line
- galvanized or stainless steel nails or screws. Note: If you are using an ACQ treated sub-structure, this is very important because the chemicals can corrode other fasteners. Stainless steel fasteners should never be used where they may come in contact with galvanized fasteners or brackets.
1. The deck can be spanned to a maximum of 24” span; however, we recommend a 16” span on the center for perpendicular application of the boards. If a diagonal design is done, then a maximum of 12” should be used on center.
2. If you are using regular nails or screws, the deck boards can be used as you would with regular lumber. Be sure to put the fasteners through the thick parts of the board to get best holding power.
3. If you are going to use the hidden deck clip, the benefit will be a deck surface free of nail or screw heads.
- You will need a chalk line as the clips should be attached to the joists in perfectly parallel lines. They should be laid out 5 ¾” to 5 7/8” (147mm-149mm) apart to give a 3/16” to 1/4” (5mm-6mm) gap between boards.
- This will allow water and dirt to be cleaned out from
Using a Decking Calculator is a great approach when trying to decide what type of decking and what size of decking you need.
Before you start any building project, planning is a vital part of the process. If you draw out the basic design you want and list the various materials, you stand a much better chance of doing the job right and completing it with the least amount of hassle possible.
Decking calculators fall into two different categories
First of all you can buy some decking calculator software that downloads onto your computer and gives you precise details based on the requirements you enter.
Or, alternatively, you can search on Google for a online decking calculator and you will find an abundance of websites which provide all sort of functionality ranging from basic calculations to complete project planning features. These allow you to enter the measurements of your decking and give you the total ares of composite decking or hardwood decking boards required.
When building decking, it’s always best to go into your garden and make several sketches of what the finished deck will look like and the area its going to cover.
You don’t have to be a talented artist, just a rough sketch put onto paper so that you have a clear picture in your mind about the square footage and, just as important, the surrounding landscaping.
Deciding what kind of bushes and trees, flower beds and rockeries, or areas of chippings or wood bark can all be done at the planning stage and put onto your sketch pad. This also allows your partner to see whats going on in your mind, so that you can both agree on what goes where before you start digging big holes in the garden.
By using a decking calculator, you …